Saturday, October 13, 2012

less is more...one layer wings




The challenge today at less is more is a one layer card with wings. Hmmmm. I don't have much time to make a card today, but just maybe I had one already done!

Sure enough, I found this card that one of my friends taught me how to make this summer. It's called emboss resist. You can find out how to do it on this link at splitcoast. It was alot of fun and I love how it turned out. I'm not sure which colors we used, but I know it was memento ink. I think it was bamboo leaves and pear tart for the greens. The blue was my friends ink, so I'm not sure which one. The butterfly stamps were also hers.

BUT the sentiments were mine. They are from Hero Arts and stamped in black memento. The ribbon is SU's old olive taffeta.

I think this card meets the requirements for the challenge...I'm not sure about the ribbon on it, though. I guess I could always take the ribbon off....

Be sure to check out the other cards at less is more!





22 comments:

Chrissie said...

Absolutely fabulous Laurie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jane Willis said...

Really beautiful. I'm struggling so much with this week's challenge. The ideas are there but the execution......well, 4 attemps have ended up in the bin already!

Jane

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Lauri so love the different blends of blues and greens really makes the card pop
Debbie
x

bastelengel said...

A great technique and gorgeous coloring. A beautiful card.
Eva

June K said...

Really pretty card, Laurie. I like the colors as well as the technique.

Bonnie said...

How perfect for this challenge! I love the mix of colors showing off those beautiful butterflies! Great sentiments too.

Aimee Cretsinger said...

What a beautiful card! Fabulous!

Loli said...

Hola Laurie, fantastic background a great inking work, beautiful colours, gorgeous card!
hugs from Palma

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

Vicky Hayes said...

Emboss resist is probably my favourite technique ever and your card is a stunner! I think the ribbon makes the perfect embellishment.

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Laurie
That inked panel is amazing


Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

Scrapmate said...

This is so pretty, the colours you've used are fab.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful ! I love the inking, masking, embossing and your colours !

Aileen said...

So pretty Laurie. Love that some butterflies are stamped and some are embossed. x

Sue said...

Beautiful inky panel and ribbon! Sue x

Lucille K said...

Beautiful card, Laurie :)

GinaA said...

Stunning stamping, just love the colours.

Stempelomi said...

stunning card!

Marianne said...

Just saw your card being featured on LIM. It's absolutely stunning. Love the fresh colours and that ribbon totally finishes it off.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

I participated in this challenge too but yours takes by breath away. Congrats to you!

xo, Marian Studio M

Anna said...

love the ink panel, stunning card x

Darnell said...

Awesome job, Laurie! I'm glad you were showcased over at LIM for your beautiful card!!