Saturday, June 29, 2013

Less is more....sand challenge



Sand? 
At Christmas time?
BUT..... the challenge did say you could use the color, and this color definitely looks like sand to me.

Here is the challenge at less is more. "You may decide to use the colour, the texture, scenes of sandy places, sandpaper, actual sand... or wherever your imagination takes you."

I guess my imagination took me to Christmas! I have been making a few Christmas cards each week to send to Operation Write Home. This is one of them.
I used the stamp set Shadow Tree from MB and embossed in white, then tied some bakers twine on. The paper is SU white and kraft.

Hope this fits the challenge!

13 comments:

Gerrina said...

So delicae and elegant on this colour card!

Kathyk said...

Looks like sand to me too! Fab idea to use it to make a Christmas card

Kathyk

Anne said...

How elegant. Still sandy but with a winter twist :)

Jan said...

Fab card xx Jan

Sandra said...

Beautiful card....perfect colour for the challenge..

San x

Chrissie said...

Just gorgeous Laurie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Margaret said...

Beautiful!
Margaret x

Helen J said...

Gorgeous card, it looks like sand to me, too!
Helen

Jen Nelson said...

stunning laurie

Thanks for joining us this week x
Jen
"Less Is More"

Viv said...

Great card Laurie, I love it :) Viv xx

Bev said...

Great card and so CAS

Bev x

Lindsey said...

Clever take on sand! Lovely card

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Laura, for the wonderful Showcase honor from LIM!!