Saturday, October 11, 2014

Festive Friday Christmas challenge



Look at this photo from Festive Friday! I just want to pull out a chair and sit right down.






I guess it won't be long anyway...just a couple of months till Christmas. I sure have a ton of Christmas cards ready, thanks to Festive Friday and other Christmas card challenges.

The inspiration I took from the photo were the beautiful greens and pine cones tied on the chairs. Every year, I go out in our yard and cut some boughs for centerpieces and baskets around the house. I like to add shiny red bulbs and bows. Some years I tied greens onto our napkins,too. And on the sled by the front door..and....I guess you get the picture...just about everywhere you look!

I am also entering this at Pixie's Snippets Playground...as I did use snippets of paper from my scrap box to cut out the dies.

Head on over and check out the other cards,too! 




Paper: White textured, SU cherry cobbler, always artichoke
Ink:SU Black
Dies: Impression Obsession Pine branch die and Pine sprig cluster, Poinsettia die, Die Versions sweet petites holly, Lawn Fawn journal set
Stamps: Taylored Expression many minis




17 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Laurie! You've certainly captured the essence of the inspiration photo. Those die cuts are amazing. Looks like a winner to me!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love your card is so pretty and cheerful
bibiana
If you are interested in challenges, I host a new one called "Throwback Thursdays", at my blog.

!neke said...

I think this is real Christmas!
Great dies you used!
Love it!

Di said...

Hi Laurie

You sweetly commented on my card that you couldn't come up with a thing neon for Merry Monday. I just hope you realise that this card of yours is absolutely amazingly gorgeous and worth ten of mine! One of THE most beautiful Christmas cards ever, in my humble opinion! Sure there are no snippets used? I do allow some back linking in the Snippets Playground and I know the girls would love to see this beauty, Well done Laurie!

Hugs

Di xx

Hugs

Di xx

Julie S said...

This is really stunning. What a beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant! I'm suffering from die cut envy here! Wow!

Ardyth said...

Love the dimension and texture created from this die cut! Placement on a simple white cardbase is the perfect way to show it off to its fullest! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Liz said...

A fabulous card. The deep colours really stand out against the white card. Beautiful! x

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. Every detail is perfect!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Laurie, what a stunning card ... I love everything about it! And you have used the photo inspiration so perfectly. A fabulous use of snippets too. I have a giveaway on offer so do check out the sticky post at the top of my blog. Elizabeth x

Geri said...

What a beautiful combination of dies here, Laurie! Gorgeous!!! So nice to have you with us again!

Linda said...

Beautiful card.

Cathy said...

Stunning card Laurie, I've gone and added even more dies to my wishlist! Your take on the inspiration pic is fabulous, Cathy x

MaryH said...

Truly so very colorful and just plain stunning! Terrific card. Lovely to see you at the Snippets Playground.

Jean said...

I just had to come and have a closer look at this fabulous card. I saw it
very deservedly in Di's showcase at the snippets playground. Brilliant use of die cuts and colour and style.
Jean x

Anonymous said...

were can I get the Dies and Stamps?

laurie said...

Dies and stamps are listed below the post in the supply list. If you google the name of the die or stamp, you will find many places to buy them!