Sunday, May 14, 2017

Cheery Lynn Birdcage for The Paper Players


Hi everyone!

Today Claire is hosting a bright and cheerful color challenge at The Paper Players:



I used all Cheery Lynn dies for my card. I started out with some neutral gray for the birdcage, the flower in turquoise, and the leaves in pear.

I played around with my alcohol inks using a red and orange for the bird. It looks more red then orange after it dried though!

The sentiment is from Poppystamps stamped in black called, "Grateful Heart."




Be sure to check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team


I hope you will join us!


Entering this at:

Die Cuttin Divas (feminine)
Addicted to stamps (anything goes)
Word art Wed.(anything goes)


Paper: SU, glossy white
Ink: SU black, alcohol inks
Stamps:Poppystamps Grateful Heart
Dies: Cheery Lynn hummingbird, birdcage, scalloped rectangles,daisy strip,flourish #13
Other: pearl


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really pretty card. I love all the different layers you used to create your scene.

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
Evelyn

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card and I love those colors too. Your dies really look so well with each other.

Leslie Miller said...

Love those Cheery Lynn dies! Gorgeous and fun card, bright and cheerful. Oh happy day, for sure!

Flo said...

Happy Mother's Day, Laurie.
Beautiful & colorful card--love the color choices.

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather... it's glorious here today. I LOVE your use of the colors. The bright red hummer with his bright flower is bold and beautiful. Once again, your card shows that you are THE queen of die-cuts. Gorgeous card.
Hugs
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Your bird is just stunning!

Natalie said...

This is so pretty! Beautiful design! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Thanks for join us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

Julie B said...

Super die cut scene Laurie, so pleased you linked up at ATSM. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Laurie - your flower and bird wing add wonderful dimension to your card; love the colouring and detail on that bird too.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is delightful, Laurie. Thanks so much for sharing your talents in our challenges. I hope you will play along again soon.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

Nance Leedy said...

A beautiful card, Laurie! These dies are gorgeous and I love the blended color in your hummer. Lovely layout too...I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Awesome card, Laurie! Love those die-cuts, absolutely stunning combination.

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is beautiful! My Mom would love this card! The blended red and orange on your bird is so perfect! SO happy you made my colors shine! Have a wonderful weekend! XX

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So pretty! LOVE the pearls too!

stampwithsandy said...

I love the delicate birdcage die cut, Laurie! Such a gorgeous card. Happy Belated Mother's Day!