Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hero Arts Grateful Leaves



The challenge from LeAnne at The Paper Players is:



For my Clean and Simple fall card I decided to use Cheery Lynn's new Acorn's and Leaves die set. 

I picked some fall plaid paper and cut out a CL stitched rectangle. Then I chose a few colors from the plaid and cut out my leaves.




I tied them together with some twine and adhered them onto the plaid rectangle. Then I added a sentiment from Hero Arts called "Grateful Leaves"at the bottom. I left lots of white space, and added no extra embellishments, even though I really,really wanted to add some enamel dots.....LOL!




I hope you will join us!






Paper: SU, Lawn Fawn
Ink: SU black
Stamps: Hero Arts Grateful leaves
Dies: Cheery Lynn stitched rectangles, Acorns and Leaves
other: twine




15 comments:

Margo said...

Such an elegant card ! Love those leaves !

Kathy Krug said...

Love that pretty plaid and how you made the leaves match the colors. Fabulous.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Laurie, this is so pretty with the leaves matching the colors in the plaid paper (which I think I have). Thanks for sharing this.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Laurie - those dies cut leaves co-ordinate with that fabulous plaid paper perfectly! Beautiful as always.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning with that pattern paper behind those gorgeous leaves. An awesome card design.

Jan Clothier said...

I like the inclusion of the blue leaves as that's unusual in an autumn card. It stands out beautifully against the plaid. I love the wide border of white that stops the colour and pattern from being overwhelming and the twine tie is just perfect!

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the bright hues you used!

stampwithsandy said...

Those are such beautiful leaves Laurie, and they look great against the plaid paper. Love the colors, too!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is so pretty! I adore that gorgeous plaid paper and the leaves in these shades are so beautiful! The wide border of white make the colors pop! WOW! Hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

LeAnne said...

Those colors are so rich and deep....just beautiful! Love your simple layout, which packs such a great punch! The plaid paper just makes this card sing!

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous, Laurie! I love the pop of turquoise with the bold colors in the plaid and all the stitched details that pull it all together. Gorgeous!

Stampingcountry said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I especially like your plaid paper.

Annie S. said...

Wow! Love the colors you used, especially the pop of turquoise with the die cut leaves and the bit of twine tying them all together. Hope you're having a great week :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

These colours are stunning together!! Gorgeous card Laurie!

Leslie Miller said...

Laurie, this is so beautiful with the way you matched the colors to the paper. Completely outstanding!